POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map filenames with extended ASCII characters (PoseRay development) : Re: Image map filenames with extended ASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:15:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map filenames with extended ASCIIcharacters(PoseRaydevelopment)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Jul 2003 14:50:47
Message: <MPG.198c7a70fd0396d989845@news.povray.org>
Ok.. I just ran a quick search. The character set is called ISO_8859_1,
or at least some equivalent in it. This is what a file name like "Suba

'exactly' like that when viewed in DOS, because the font used there is
Terminal and Windows used Courier everywhere. This quirk also means that
other OSs may also show such names using the wrong characters, but again,
this is not unicode, and it certainly doesn't mean that a file name is
limited to ISO/ASCII.

Now if there is some OS out there that won't support this and 'that' is
the issue, then sorry for attempting to say anything.

BTW: I got the ISO_8859_1 thing from searching Google for: 'ascii
character set 0-255'. There seems to be a bit of confusion here though,
since while it clearly states that ISO_8859_1 supports 256 characters,
half the sites insist on calling it ASCII, which you insist only uses
128. This sort of thing gives me a bloody headache.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else